Thursday, May 24, 2012

I am happy to say that over the past two years we have been able to work through our issues and have a healthy relationship.  We keep it simple.  We only discuss our daughter and we are able to exchange pleasant words while we are transitioning our daughter from one house to the other.  There are times that we do not say much....actually most times are like that.  We talk to our daughter and we have no tense moments.  Next week she will be going to be the beach with her dad and grandmother.  We will FaceTime so that she doesn't feel disconnected.  We did the same for her with her dad when we took her to the beach last week.  I am actually going to keep her dog (that she has at her dad's house) for a day until the dog sitter that they have is able to get back in town.  I feel that it is important for Lily to see that Mommy is helping Daddy out.  I was actually thrilled that he asked me to keep her because it means that we have mended our bridges.  I am the one who found the dog for him when he was looking.  Also, I miss the dog because she was a huge part of my life at one point in time.  Some people may not understand why it is important to me to keep the dog...they may feel like I am doing it to stay connected to my daughters father.  Partially, it may be...but not for romantic purposes.  I want him to feel like he can still count on me.  We have a child together.  Isn't that what COOPERATIVE PARENTING is all about? Working with one another, supporting one another, and helping out one another....

When our daughter drives away to go to the beach she will remember that her Mommy has her dog.  She will ask me about it on the phone and that alone makes me feel like I did something right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment